Apparently, the mice are capable of climbing the walls and hide in the ceiling. It is said to be part of their nature to search for food, creating nests and also create communities insides the houses. The perfect and classic example will be our favorite “Tom & Jerry” tales. The mice in the houses also run the same way from pillar to post. It is quite challenging to control these mammals, but if we take certain measures then we can spot them and put an end to the mice menace. You really cannot ignore the noise made by them, nor can you ignore the holes made in the food and grain bags. You can hire Professional Pest Control Brisbane to remove mice from home.
Spot mice in the ceiling:
Here is a list of the 5 ways you can spot the mice living in ceiling.
- Mice in ceiling: Mice quickly move around through the entire house, walls and also into the ceilings, floors, attics etc. They eat often and look for food around often. They create a hoard and store food which means that the mice travel to the sites where food is easily available for them.
- Odor and Sound: The presence of the mice infestation is more, you might smell a musky smell or Rodent fur, droppings and urine too. The presence of mice living in ceiling and attic can also be felt with the sound of skittering or rustling that starts and stops. You might also hear a scratching sound or someone walking. Their activity is usually high in the night and early morning.
- Gnawing: It is the behavior of the rats and mice to gnaw on hard things. The teeth of the rat leaves ragged holes in the wood, drywall and plastic. They can chew of the pipes, chair legs and plastic containers. You could also find the rats chewing food and looking for food. The signs of nibbling can be found in the boxes of your grocery, grains, cereal, bread, bags of rice.
- Nets: The wild rats and mice build nests which are soft and cozy to sleep. They build their nests in a quiet and cozy spots with the shredded paper or torn pieces of fabric, insulation, leaves and twigs, furniture stuffing. So, those places are behind the cabinets, behind bed furniture, under sinks and any unused dressers.
- Droppings of food: Small piles of droppings of food is where you can find the mice. The mice and rats cannot control their bowel movements, hence they defecate wherever they happen to move around. The rats often steal food from your kitchen and grocery storage, those food droppings or piles of shells, scraps or bits the rats have eaten is not an unusual sight if there is a presence of mice in living in ceiling.
How to control the menace:
Mouse proofing the house: Explore the house and look for the holes and gaps on the lower level of your house. Check if the holes are around the piper, under sink, coaxial cables, dryer, vents. Inspect the entire house thoroughly i.e., attics, foundation vents, basement windows, windows and door framing, chimneys, fans on the roof.
- Set the mouse traps along the mouse trails. Set two traps one beside the other. Place baits at the opposite ends.
- Set these traps inside ceilings such as plumbing point and heating penetrations. Set the traps same way as above. Keep checking the traps daily and refresh the mouse traps.
If nothing seems to control the rat menace, it is as well a good idea to seek help from the Professional Pest Control Services who provide qualified pest management professionals with all the resources to clear the mess at your home.
Have a Look on Our Work:- Natural Ways to Keep Spider Out of Home!